Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Something I Found!

Not many people know that my favorite verse of all time is Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” This verse always gives me peace. As I was walking through a Christian store once I found and read the poem below and loved it. So I thought I would share it with everyone else. :)


God, what do you mean to be still and know you are God?

My child, what I mean is:
Though the earth be removed,
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with swelling,
Though the wind blow,
Though the storm rage;

In other words
Though your bills are due,
Though they give you a hard time on your job,
Though your husband won't act right,
Though your wife won't act right,
Though your children are disobedient,
Though there's sickness in your body,
Though your enemies get on your nerves;
Stop your worries!
Stop your complaining!
Stop your doubting!
Stop your frowning!

Cease your fears, and dry up those tears!
For I'm right there to comfort you,
I'm right there to guide you,
I'm right there to hold you up,
I'm right there to heal you,
I'm right there to deliver you.

So cast your cares upon me for I care for you.
My child this is what I mean by being still and knowing
I AM GOD.


~Author Unknown~


- Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment