Thursday, January 13, 2011

Freedom - Run Kid Run



~Song's Message~
- Verse 1 - This first verse is speaking about the bonds of sin that some of us find ourselves in, and that sometimes we are so content to stay in our sin that we would rather leave our bonds in place. The song goes on to say that, at times, we seem to live a split personality Christian life where half of us is following and praising God, but the other half is deeply involved in the world's sin. There is only one person we have to blame for our sin, though, and that is ourselves and our selfish nature.
- Chorus - The chorus is an amazing message about freedom. This chorus says we are singing out for freedom, that is, we are crying out to Jesus Christ to grant us the freedom that only his death on the cross could have produced. Isn't it sometimes great to know that you aren't the only person going through troubled times? Well we are never the only person on the earth going through a certain trial. And as this chorus says, the only way for anyone going through a trial to get help is to pray to the One, Jesus Christ, for He is the only one who can truely grant our freedom. The last part of this chorus is saying that we need to be ready for change. Instead of waiting for God to do his changes in our lives, we need to make our own changes and let God work through the changes we make!
- Verse 2 - Verse 2 goes further along in the story, where Jesus has taken off our chains and has set us free. We continue to sit there and hold on to our chain though because it's all we've ever known. So we need to cry out to Jesus and put Him in complete control of our lives, because He is the only thing we need to conquer this sin.
- Bridge 1 - Jesus is patiently waiting for us to let go of our old sin and come to Him. We see Him, He is all around us, but we still cling to our old nature. The first bridge ends with a simple plea from Christ for us to just release...
- Bridge 2 - Now the time has come to let go. Our need to be separated from Christ has been removed by His incredible love for us. So now we need to take His hand and realise that His grace, and His grace alone, has paid for our past sin. We are truely alive now because we have a completely new life with Jesus Christ. Because in the end only one thing matters, and that is the fact that Jesus Christ came to this earth and through His incredible love, died for mankind on that cross.

~Freedom Lyrics~
[Verse 1]
Oh my chains
I can't disengage
And I don't believe that I want to
One hand sings Your praise
The other brings me shame
I have selfishness to blame

[Chorus]
And I'm singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one
Praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
I'm ready for change, change, change, change

[Verse 2]
Looking down I lay
I keep holding my chains
No longer bound but here I stay
I scream, Father please
I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

[CHORUS]

[Bridge 1]
Still You patiently await
Yet I won't just let go
I see You and You alone, just saying
Come follow Me, despair has come so you can see
Release

[Bridge 2]
And so I'm singing for freedom
And so I'm singing for freedom
The time has come
Seperation lost the war to love
Take my hand
Grace has found you where you once began
You're alive, You're alive
In the waking of new life
Take my hand
In the end, there's only love
There's only love

[CHORUS]

[Outro]
Father please, I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

- Psalm 124:7
Our soul has escaped as a bird from the snare of the fowlers; The snare is broken, and we have escaped.

- John 8:31-36
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”

Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment