Monday, January 17, 2011

This Way or That Way...

Just a little something I thought about in chapel one day...

Why do I just sit here trying to think of something clever to write? Why can’t I just let it all go and say, “God you amaze me” and be done with it? I sit here thinking God wants some elaborate poem, prayer, or praise when in actuality all he wants is for me to lay prostrate giving up all I am for Him. So as I sit here listening to this topic I’ve heard so many times, that one about the narrow and wide paths, I wonder exactly where I am. Is it possible to be in both? Trying to hold on to those things I know I shouldn’t but also doing the right things and believing without a doubt that Christ is Lord… Or am I switching between the two, continually looking for some passage that will lead me to the other path just so I can experience it again… Or am I just walking the wide path and trying to justify it, but in vain. This I do not know, so Lord, please show me.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment